On July 20th, 2017 Fire District #3 was dispatched to 17 Koolidge Court for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Chief 27 arrived and established command, reporting readings at the door over 20 parts per million.
Squad 27 and Air 27 later arrived and further investigated the incident. Readings were found throughout the Apartment above 30 parts per million and PSEG was contacted. Once the investigation was completed, it was found to have come from a disconnected hot water heater. The residents were evacuated and the building was ventilated without incident.